Thursday, October 9, 2008

Traffic

With the cooler weather, Sven and I like to open the windows, at night ecspecially. But let me preface this by saying the back of our Duplex butts up against Highway 40. So, it is noisy, but being from Chicago you would think I would be used to it. I would think so too! I mean in my old apartment you could hear the 'L', the Metra train and the Expressway, plus all the goings on in the courtyard where my bedroom window was.

So, we had the window open, cats love it but cars zooming past, making all kinds of noise. After about an hour of having the window open Sven closed it, but the damage was done, I could not get to sleep. I was tossing and turning all night, I don't think I feel asleep til 6 this morning, but then I had to be up at 7:45, so I am exhausted.

I keep trying to sleep with the window open, but it never works! Maybe I just need to be druged out of my mind so I sleep and nothing disturbs me.

No comments: